In today's business climate it is too easy to accept a "bad" job order because they are so few and far between. However, it is even more important now to ensure you don't work one of these "bad" job orders.
BEFORE YOU COMMIT AN OUNCE OF ENERGY TO WORKING ON A JOB OR SEARCH, REVIEW THIS CHECKLIST:
- Are they ready to hire?
- Are they available to interview?
- Are you working with the decision maker?
- Are the fee and terms approved?
- Is the hiring process reasonably fast?
- Is the Salary competitive?
- Does opportunity exist for the candidate?
- Do you plain old like the client?
IF IT CHECKS OUT...COMMIT.
IF IT HAS MINOR FLAWS...LIMIT YOUR COMMITMENT.
IF IT HAS MAJOR FLAWS...FORGET IT! GET BACK ON THE PHONE AND FIND ANOTHER JOB ORDER.